Sunday, November 2, 2008

Last Minute Shoppers

I have worked in retail for over two years now and nothing bothers me more then last minute shoppers. I just don't understand how you can wait til the day before, or even the day of a big event to go out shopping. This Friday was Halloween, and all across America kids of all ages put on their costumes and went out to gather up as much candy as they could. I happened to be working at Target on Friday and let me tell you, I honestly don't understand what all these people are thinking. Why wait til Halloween to come get a costume or accessories. When I walked past the Halloween section it was like a mad house. People rummaging through the few costumes we have left looking for a certain outfit, then when they can't find what they are looking for they come complaining to you. It is so difficult to deal with these people because they don't understand why Target is sold out of what they are looking for. Probably because TODAY IS HALLOWEEN! It is so hard not to look at these people and say... where were you 3 weeks ago!? It's not like Halloween came out of no where, it's happens to be on October 31st every single year.

I understand that there are always going to be some people that wait until the last minute to go shopping. I really wish that when these people came into stores that they would have some understanding of why the stores are sold out of items. I mean if you think about it, it's ridiculous. With Christmas approaching fast, I am already prepared to deal with upset customers on Christmas Eve that want the "hottest" toy of the year for their kid. I mean the same thing is going to happen on Christmas Eve this year, next year, and the year after. I just wish that these people would have some understanding of why the store may not have the item is stock, rather then making a scene, and making a person like me, an normal employee, feel bad because they just had someone yell at them for 5 minutes about a toy for Christmas or a costume for Halloween. So here's a little hint for all you people planning on waiting until the last minute to do your shopping. Go to Target soon, we are already putting Christmas products out on the sales floor. You have two months, don't wait until December 24th.

No comments: