Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Subway Drive Through


Yesterday I was on my way home from my class downtown and was headed to my night class in Allendale on GVSU's main campus. I only have about 30 minutes to make it from downtown to Allendale for class, and due to rush hour traffic this can sometimes be very difficult to make it. Another thing that normally sets me back is having to stop and grab some food for dinner. I usually stop and McDonalds or Taco Bell, some place that has a drive through so I can get my food fast without ever having to leave my car.


Yesterday I discovered my new favorite thing. I was driving down Fulton trying to figure out what I was going to do for dinner on my way to my class. As I was approaching Garfield I saw the best thing I've ever seen. At the corner of Garfield and Fulton there is a Subway resturant. This isn't just any ordinary Subway though, this Subway had a drive through. It's pefect! You can get better tasing, healthier food than a McDonalds, and you still don't ever have to get out of your car. This Subway with the drive through was exactly like a normal Subway except for the fact they had a drive through. It opperates the same as any other drive through. They have a menu hanging from the cieling so you can figure out what you want, then you place your order, pay, get your food and your on your way... without even leaving the seat of your car. I loved it and it made me realize that Subway should start thinking about doing this at more locations. I believe it would help lead Subway to a competitve advantage over other sub shops because there aren't really any out there with a drive through window. Overall this trip through the Subway drive through was a great experience, and due to the drive through window, that Subway can expect more of my business.

No comments: